A tasty Wellington recipe to enjoy as part of a Sunday roast or anytime really! Easy to make and tastes really decadent.
Mushroom-free for those who don’t enjoy them, this Wellington is stuffed with Squash, Spinach, Walnuts and Cashew cream.
- 1 pack ready to roll Puff Pastry
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 8 x 1/2 Walnut pieces
- 130g Spinach
- Red onion
- 100g Cashews
- 120ml Soya Milk
- 2 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- 1TSP Lemon Juice
- 1/4 TSP Onion Powder
- Salt, Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 200 C / 400 F
- Wash the Squash and cut lengthways, leaving the seeds inside. Place both halves on a baking tray (flesh side down).
- Roast the Butternut Squash for approx 1.5 hours, and allow to cool. This can be done in advance (the Squash will keep in the fridge for a few days)
- Soak Cashews in Soy Milk for 4 hours (20 mins is fine if you have a high-speed blender).
- Scoop out the Butternut seeds, discard.
- Wilt the spinach, pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine all Cashew cream ingredients into high-speed blender and blend until a cream consistency.
- Cut the pastry into 4 equal-sized rectangles.
- Roll them out individually, so that they double in size.
- Add Butternut squash onto one side of the pastry rectangle, top with 1/4 of the Spinach, 2 Walnut halves, slices of red onion and Cashew cream.
- Fold over the pastry and seal all edges.
- Repeat for the other 3 Wellingtons. These can be frozen at this stage.
- Roast for 40 mins.
- Serve with vegetables and mash or salad and new potatoes.