You HAVE to try this! It’s amazing (and my kids can’t get enough!). Creamy, rich and tasty. Leave it in the oven until the top starts to brown and caramelise. Serve as a side dish with Vegan sausages and some greens, or just dig in and enjoy as a main.
- 400g white potatoes
- 2 Leeks (medium)
- 250ml Soya Cream (I used Oatly)
- 100ml Soy Milk
- 1 TSP dried Rosemary (fresh if you have it)
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- 50-80g Vegan cheese (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice as finely as possible
- Trim and wash leeks, slice finely.
- Add Milk, Cream, Rosemary, Garlic, Nutritional Yeast, Pepper and Salt to a pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the potatoes, and leeks. When the dish is ½ full, pour over half of the cream mixture. Continue layering potato slices and leeks and then pour ove the remaining cream mixture.
- Top with around 50-80g of Vegan cheese (I used Violife grated). More black pepper and then roast in the oven at 200 for 40 minutes.