A classic favourite for many – and Yes, Vegans can eat Mac N Cheeze too! Creamy, tasty and saucy! It’s delicious. The peas add colour, flavour and protein! This version is healthy too! No added fats, oils or packet cheeses.
- 150g Macaroni
- 100g Peas
- 100g Cashews
- 200ml Soya Milk
- 20g Nutritional Yeast
- 1 TSP Bouillon Vegetable Stock
- ½ TSP Smoked Paprika
- ¼ TSP onion powder
- ¼ TSP Turmeric
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice
- 150ml water (boiled)
Soak Cashews in Soya milk for a couple of hours beforehand
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions. Drain.
- Cook peas. Drain (I use the same pan as the pasta).
- To a high speed blender, add:
- Cashews and the Soya milk they are soaking in.
- All spices and the boiling water.
- Blend until a smooth creamy consistency
- Heat the sauce on the stove for a couple of minutes, and then stir through the macaroni and peas.
- Serve with Salad or Veggies.