This is a delicious, nutritious, filling salad. Enjoy this as a side or a main course.
Colourful and full of flavour, this salad is perfect for any time of the year.
- 60g Quinoa (or Couscous works well)
- 1/4-1/2 Butternut Squash
- 2 large handfuls Spinach
- Red Onion (a few slices)
- 2 Sprigs Basil (approx. 10 leaves)
- 1 ripe Kiwi
- 2-3 TBSP Pomegranate Seeds
- 2-3 TBSP mixed Seeds (Pumpkin, Sunflower, Chia etc)
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice
- Salt, Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 200 C / 400 F
- Wash the Squash and cut lengthways, leaving the seeds inside. Place both halves on a baking tray (flesh side down).
- Roast the Butternut Squash for approx 1.5 hours, and allow to cool.
- Cook the Quinoa as per packet instructions, drain, leave to cool.
- Scoop out the Butternut seeds, discard.
- Chop up all of the ingredients into bite sized pieces.
- Combine well in a mixing bowl.