Satisfying and filling, this Dahl will impress Vegans and non-Vegans. Rich, deep flavours of the Dahl are complimented perfectly with some Wild Rice.
- 3 Medjool Dates (pitted) and Soaked in 400ml Water
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 80g Tomato Puree/Paste
- 1 Red Pepper, Diced.
- ½ Large, or 1 Small Red Onion, diced.
- 135g Dry Red Lentils
- 80g Carrot (Fresh or Frozen)
- 80g Frozen Sweetcorn
- 1 TSP Dry Chilli Flakes
- 1 TSP Smoked Paprika
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- After soaking the pitted dates in water for about 1 hour, blend in a high-speed blender. This sweet water will give your Dahl a great taste.
- Place all ingredients into your Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker, and cook on high pressure for 18 mins. Allow to release naturally.
- Serve with Wild Rice
- If you do not have a Pressure Cooker, you can cook this meal on the Stove top, for 40-50 minutes.