Rich, creamy and hearty. This Chickpea and Lentil One-Pot is perfect for a cold day! Low fat, High Carb, nutritious and tasty. Serve with rice, potatoes or greens.
- 2 x 400g tins Chickpeas
- 1 x 400g tin chopped Tomatoes
- 1-2 large white Potatoes, steamed in advance.
- 120g Dry Red Split Lentils
- 1 large white Onion
- 3-4 medium sized Carrots
- 250g Mushrooms, any type
- 3 TBSP Tomato puree/paste
- 100g Spinach (I used baby washed Spinach)
- ½ Large or 1 small Red Pepper, diced.
- 15g Dry Mushroom Seasoning
- ½ TSP Garlic Powder
- 100ml Plant Milk (I used Soy)
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- Dice the onion and carrot into small pieces, add to a large pan. Sautee for 10 mins, add a splash of water if it’s dry.
- Chop and add the mushrooms. Cover to alow the mushrooms to release their liquid, about 5 mins.
- Add the dry lentils, they will soak up the mushroom liquid quickly.
- In a blender, add a can of chickpeas and liquid, plant milk and garlic, blend to a liquid. Add to the vegetables, mix well.
- Roughly chop the potatoes and add.
- Add 400ml water
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and the seasonings, mix well. Cover and reduce to very low heat, cook for about 1 ½ hours, stirring very occasionally.
- 10 mins before serving, add in 1 can of drained, rinsed Chickpeas, the Spinach and Red Pepper. You just want these ingredients to warm through and not cook – this gives great texture to the meal.
Serve with rice, or potatoes, or greens.