This warm, delicious crunchy salad has a fantastic combination of flavours. Both sweet and savoury, it really is a treat, Really lovely as an easy lunch salad served with a crusty bread roll, or some rice – or simply enjoy on it’s own.
- ½ Red Cabbage (approx 350g)
- 1 Orange
- Large handful of Rocket (Arugula) leaves
- 8 Walnut halves
- 1 TSP Olive oil
- 2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- Chop and shred the cabbage
- Add oil, vinegar and maple syrup to a large pan and bring to a medium-high heat.
- Add cabbage to the pan, and saute for around 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat leave to stand for 5 mins.
- Peel and chop the orange into small pieces.
- Roughly chop the walnuts,
- Combine the cabbage, rocket leaves, orange and walnuts.
- Serve with your favourite meal as a side dish or enjoy with some crusty bread as a lunch.